Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Week Three - Ch 3 - Decide What You Want

What do I want?  There lays the million dollar question.  Words that come to mind are happiness, security and peace.  But I know I need to be more specific.  What would make me happy?  What would make me feel secure?  What would bring me peace?  Those are the questions I need to answer.

An exercise provided with this chapter is to make a list of  "30 things you want to do, 30 things you want to have, and 30 things you want to be before you die".  My first instinct was to make a list of the luxuries most of us dream of..... a new BMW Convertible, my dream house, a bank account with a hefty balance (the type that doesn't have a - (minus) in front of it), various locations in the world I want to travel to such as Paris, Greece, Italy...  all the stuff we typically like to dream of having or doing.  What I foud difficult however, is coming up with 30 things in each category.  What I found the most difficult was finding things in the BE category.  What do I want to BE?  I think this question really gets us to the place of being able to define Success as we each think it to be.  Who do I need to BE in order to be successful?

I have a project management book that I found in a Wal Mart store somewhere and I have decided to use that as my goals book.  A place to outline and track my goals and progress towards achieving those goals.  My first step was to attempt to create the list of 90 things I want to do, have or be.  This, I can see, is a work in progress as I really need to think about this.  I need to approach it from the aspect of if time and money were not an issue standpoint.  I need to allow myself to dream big dreams as Canfield encourages us to do in this chapter.  I also need to get myself to a place where I "stop settling for less than I want" as instructed in this weeks reading.

I have a lot to ponder.........

No comments:

Post a Comment