Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 July 2011

Week Three - Looking Back

As I end Week 3 of this 52 week project I can honestly say that I am making progress.  I'm not yet wealthy, I'm not yet successful, and I still carry the extra weight on my body...... but I feel an improvement in my life.  I feel an improvement in my attitude, in my optimism, in my faith.  Although little has changed from an outward appearnce, I feel there has been a big change in my inner self.

As I continued to work on my lists of 30 things I'd like to Do, Have and Be (I'm still not finished) I found myself struggling with the BE part.  What do I want to BE?  As I pondered that it came to me that the BE part is my character.  I need to outline the type of person I want to be.  I needed to work on the attributes of the successful person.  So my list has begun with 1)  Be True To My Word, 2)  Be Honest, 3)  Be Humble, 4) Be Grateful...... and I continue to expand the list from there.  This recognition of what I desire to BE has been a big AHA moment for me.  I must model the qualities of a successful person..... at least successful as I define it.  The HAVE and DO list covers off the materials desires of my heart, but in order to achieve them, I must first become the person I need to BE!

So.... what has happened in the last 3 weeks besides the above awakening I had?  I have received a new job offer.  One that offers opportunity for advancement.  My depression has lifted.  I am once again enjoying each day.  I have really begun to focus on gratitude, giving thanks multiple times through the day.  And I have recognized that I am responsible for all that manifests in my life.  I have realized that nasty things do happen... I can't stop them.  But what I can control and be responsible for is how I react to them.  If I react badly, things will get worse.  If I react positively I will draw more positive things back to me.   Sounds so easy doesn't it?   But I know that when one is under stress, we revert to our natural behaviors, which in my case have not served me well in the past.  So I must continue to focus on the BE part of my lists to develop the behaviors I desire to have so that I can react appropriately to every situation.... both good and bad.

I'm feeling pretty good about this project.  I'm beginning to get a glimpse of what is possible and it is only Week 3!!!!  Is anyone out there going to join me in this journey??  Anyone else up to taking this project on themselves?  I can't help but feel I am at a pivitol point in my life, where the last third of my life is going to be the best part of my whole life.  I just need to continue to do the work.... the Inner-Vention.

No comments:

Post a Comment